Overwhelming. Frustrating. Is that how you feel when you think about what you need to know, to get your business online?
Startup Training School was created to teach DIY women business owners* – those of you who have to or who like to do things yourself – all the practical skills you need and give you the control you want, without the stress.
With online technology such as Aweber to WordPress, the sheer number of new tools and services to get to grips with can seem like a huge barrier to overcome…
Why We Started the School
We’ve heard numerous horror stories before of business owners and entrepreneurs…
- Being charged $$$ for the most basic of web hosting services – when really, unless you need specialist hosting (which can be worth paying for), it should cost no more than $5 (c. £3) per month with one of the hosting companies we recommend.
- Being charged $$$$ for the development of a custom WordPress theme - which often has no more functionality than a $30 premium theme.
- Being charged $100+ for the most basic of support tasks, which would take no more than 2 minutes to do yourself, if you only knew how.
- Being charged a small fortune by web consulting firms (and usually upfront) who convince you to pay far more than you need, for the most basic of online presence, then are nowhere to be found when you need follow-up support.
The Shocking Truth…
The truth is that when you know how to do some of these tasks yourself, you know that…
- You can get your own website up and running for less than $100.
- You can run your entire business online for under $100 per month (for *everything*).
As a female founder – and someone who has taught myself all of the tech skills I need over the past few years plus worked on hundreds of clients’ websites and online businesses – I know how daunting it can be to figure out all the tools you need to get your business online.
Firstly I want you to know that – with the right support – you can do it. Secondly, it doesn’t have to be expensive…
Rather than investing in having someone do it all for you, investing in skilling up yourself means you not only leverage the money you invest, you also feel empowered and in control, instead of giving this away to someone else (and paying for it).
There are very few resources dedicated to teaching women* the skills they need to get online, in a super supportive, easy-to-access environment – this is where Startup Training School comes in…
To enable and empower at least 1,000 more women in business to get their businesses online, each and every year.
We know that’s a HUGE goal – and even if we don’t achieve it each year, we hope to make a difference to the women we do support here at the school.
We aim to help by providing access to the right kinds of learning materials and environments which enable you to skill up, at your own pace, on your own schedule, where it’s convenient and easy for you – which means:
- You don’t need child care – learn from the comfort of your own home.
- You can squeeze in a few minutes of learning at a time – with the format of our quick, focused tutorials.
- You can learn new tools & skills at your own pace – because we’ve prioritized them for you, making it easy to focus on what matters most, when you need it.
- You get the most value out of your investment – because the skills you’ll learn can be applied to any and all your projects, both your current one and any in the future.
Investing in your own education will empower you to bring your business to life online without having to hire in expensive support, for each and every new idea.
An investment in yourself is one of the BEST investments you can make.
* We’re inclusive, not exclusive so we certainly welcome men too
Who Are We?
We are wife-and-husband team, Lea & Jonathan Woodward. Since 2006, we’ve been running our businesses almost 100% online.
Alongside working on our own portfolio of successful websites, we ran a web design & development business full-time between 2006 and 2011 and have trained numerous clients in the online tools we now teach here at the school…
Hi! I’m Lea and I’m the driving force behind the school. I’m intensely passionate about empowering more women to take control of online technology because I know how powerful it can be.
It is what has enabled us to become Location Independent, run our businesses from anywhere and build a global audience of customers, clients, colleagues and friends.
Since launching my business online in 2006, I’ve taught myself all the technical skills I need to start, run, manage and grow my online ventures – and one of my core strengths is helping break down the processes needed to effectively use these tools and then teach them to others.
He is also a wildlife illustrator, specialising in cut paper collage.
He is used to working for and with women and being told what to do – all of his bosses have been women!! – which makes him great support for the school.